The Fall Product Sale is a council-sponsored program that combines educational activities with money earning opportunities for the troops. The Fall Sale is directed toward family and friends - those closest to Girl Scouting and enables troops to earn start up money by selling magazine subscriptions as well as nuts and candy. There is no pressure to participate
- Click here to view Overview of the Fall Product Sales.
- All scouts participating in the fall sale must have signed permission slips.
- There are address booklets in each girl packet. The troop earns $2 for each completed address booklet. It is guaranteed the GS will not use these addresses beyond sending one or at most two letters to the addresses asking for magazine orders. The addresses are not sold. This is an easy money maker for the troop, and not subject to the overall 10% or 15% proceeds. In other words, the troop earns $2 not, 10% or $15% of $2.
- Troop proceeds are either 10% of all sales if the troop elects to get prizes (incentives) or 15% if the troop declines prizes. This should be a girl decision within reason. All girls will still earn patches based on their sales.
- Become familiar with Nut-e sooner rather than at the last minute. It is pretty user friendly.
- If you were unable to pick up fall sales materials at last night's SU meeting, and you wish to participate contact Clint Herbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-628-1259. We have extra materials at our house, but our space is extremely limited and we will recycle the materials by the start of the sale, September 25.
- Any questions or you just need a hand, please contact Clint. He is here to help your troops have a successful, educational, and profitable fall sales!
- Money Matters: Click here for separate handout